This Carlos Latuff cartoon poster visits one of his most popular subjects, the Palestinian question, and this particular image highlights the #HS4Palestine (Hunger Strike for Palestine) campaign which began on September the 27th 2011.
The Palestinian prisoners had made several key demands:
– End the abusive use of isolation;
– End restrictions on University education in the prisons;
– End the denial of books and newspapers;
– End the shackling to and from meetings with lawyers and family members;
– End the excessive use of fines as punishment;
– And ultimately end all forms of collective punishment, including the refusal of family visits, night searches of prisoners’ cells, and the denial of basic health treatment.
Originally sourced from: Twitpic
Copyright status: Copyleft (free to redistribute, or to modify and republish)